REGULATIONS of GREENRACE 2022 RUN FOR PLANET- RUN FOR HEALTH
The GreenRace was a mass-participation fun run, organized by GreenViet Biodiversity Conservation Centre. The goal was to raise funds for the Conservation Fund Project, specifically to “Establish a funding foundation for biodiversity protection and environmental sustainability in Danang City, Vietnam”.
The GreenRace was a free event open to everyone with access to the internet and the UpRace platform. Participants took part by running at any time and location of their choice, and recording their run on a mobile device. The aim was to collectively accumulate as many kilometers as possible.
- Opening time of the registration event: From October 15th, 2022. During the event, runners could still register and participate in the competition teams.
- Competition time (time of the event): From 0:00 on November 27th, 2022 to 11:59 pm on December 18th, 2022 (GMT+7).
HOW TO REGISTER
- Download app and register
Step 1: Download UpRace app on Play Store or Apple Store
Step 2: Open UpRace app or on website UpRace.org
Step 3: Sign up
3.1 Click Register and fill in the information
3.2. Click Continue
3.3. Update personal information, avatar and click Confirm
- Join the GreenRace Event
Step 1: Open UpRace application, select Events tab
Step 2: Find the GreenRace event and click “Join”
2.1: Enter the event, click Select group
2.2: Find group and press Select
HOW TO COMPETE BETWEEN TEAMS
- A team’s performance is the total number of kilometers run by all team members..
- Teams were formed after the event started who were still allowed to participate in the normal competition.
HOW RUNNERS COMPETE
- How to record achievements:
The runners record their own achievements during each of their runs by using mobile devices (phones, watches with GPS function…).
- Valid Race:
When the following conditions are ensured:
First of all, runners’ completion was recorded on UpRace accounts within 72 hours of the start of the race and no later than the last day of the event. Secondly, the map run must express clearly, no sign of big error due to the signal error of the mobile GPS. In addition, the runs entered by manual input, or shared by others, or credited to various accounts will not be recognized properly.
Besides, runs with overlapping times due to simultaneous measurement on multiple apps will only be recorded as a run; and in the following order of priority: Garmin -> Strava -> UpRace. Moreover, there is a minimum distance requirement of 1 km. The maximum distance is unlimited.
Definitely, runners are pressed to pause their racing while running for the purpose of rest and distribution of strength. It is obvious that there is an Average Moving Pace in 1 km of completion time with a maximum speed of 4:00 minutes per km and a minimum delay of 15:00 minutes per km. At last, there is an average travel speed of all ranges 1km (split) fast maximum 3:30 minutes/km.
- Valid date is the date on which at least one run is eligible under the rules.
4.To complete the race: A runner will be certified as completing the race when the following two conditions are met simultaneously:
- Have a minimum of 12 valid running days.
- Have a minimum total distance of 60 km.
- The date of the achievements was recorded: When the start of the race belongs to it, the achievements of the run are counted for that day.
- VI) AWARDS
- National Award
1.1 Collective award
- a) Special award for the Youth Unions of the provinces/cities with the most total kilometers (Results from the Youth Unions of the provinces/cities).
- Value: 50 million VND.
- Form for receiving: Awarding for initiatives on biodiversity conservation or environmental protection.
- For more information about awarding, please see Appendix 1 attached.
- b) Awarding for Team: There are 3 Tops available for teams with the most total kilometers
- TOP 1: 5,000,000 VND
- TOP 2: 4,000,000 VND
- TOP 3: 3,000,000 VND
- Form for receiving: Certificate for Team, Medals and gifts for Top 20 runners of each Team.
1.2 Individual award: The top five runners with the most total kilometers and at least 12 valid running days
- Form: gift worth 2,000,000 VND
- Provincial/City Award
2.1 Collective award: To apply to teams such as schools, in provinces/cities that have signed a cooperation agreement with GreenViet through the GreenRace Run.
- a) Team Award: There are 3 tops for Teams in provinces/cities with the most total kilometers
- Top 1: Certificate + 3,500,000 VND
- Top 2: Certificate + 2,500,000 VND
- Top 3: Certificate + 1,500,000 VND
- b) Participation prize: The team of each province/city with the most runners participated
- Form: Certificate + gift worth 1,000,000 VND
2.2 Individual prize (5 prizes for 1 province/city): For runners who are the Top 1 of the 5 Teams with the most kilometers running in the province/city
- Form: Medal + gift worth 1,000,000 VND
- Other awards
All runners participating in the GreenRace run will receive a digital certificate of participation in the event (to be sent to the registered email address) when the following two conditions are met simultaneously:
+ Have at least 12 valid running days.
+ Have a total running distance of at least 60 km.
VII) Fundraising for the community
- From Enterprises: To become a sponsor for the race, please send email address: email@example.com
- From sponsors: Sponsors will donate at least 1,000 VND per 1km for the validity of the runners.
- From runners: Runners are encouraged to donate to their own running performance or that of other runners. The minimum donation is 1000 VND per 1km for the validity of the self- runner or other runner.
- How to use the funds
- Run to heal: there are 1,000 disadvantaged children sightseeing nature and wildlife in Son Tra forest.
- Running to expand the home for langurs: there is an additional 30 hectares of forest to live for 69 individuals of gray-shanked douc langur.
- Run for clean air: there are 20,000 trees helping absorb 440 tons of carbon annually, and providing an amount of CO2 equivalent to the needs of 40,000 people per year.
Rights of the Organizing Committee
Rights of the Green Race Organizing Committee: Firstly, they have the sole discretion to decide whether a team and runners are eligible to compete. They also have the right to stop individuals/teams competing and to cancel the results of Team(s) and/or runners in the event of detecting cheating or non-compliance with the rules. The Organizing Committee also has the right to arbitrate claims.
Additionally, the organizers have plans to prevent and detect fraud (if any), and call on runners to show the highest spirit of fair play and self-discipline. Finally, if any cheating is detected, runners will be disqualified from the competition and will not be recognized for the entire achievement.
The Green Race Organizing Committee